The Consulate General of Japan in Edinburgh invites applications for the post of Assistant Housekeeper - Waiter/Waitress at the Residence of the Consul General of Japan.
• General cleaning of the property including laundry and maintaining tableware, cutlery and other household items
• Preparation of guest rooms
• Meeting and greeting guests and visitors
• Provision of waiting service at official dinners
• Supervision of hired help such as gardeners, window cleaners etc.
The applicant should have:
• Housekeeping/cleaning experience
• Waiting service skills (experience in fine dining service and handling VIPs would be appreciated)
• English as their mother tongue or its equivalent
• Professional and discrete manner
• Knowledge of British culture, customs and etiquette is preferable
• A command of the Japanese language is not necessary but would be appreciated
• Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 5:30pm (Lunch hour: 1:00pm-2:00pm) with paid overtime for dinners, receptions and other functions
• Commencing: June 2018
• Salary: Salary will be decided depending on qualification and experience
Interested candidates should submit their CV (as detailed as possible) with a covering letter to explain how they are able to meet the requirements for this position, along with their current salary. A daytime telephone number and email address is also required.
CV and covering letter should be emailed to Ms Joanna Stuart at:
Friday 25th May 2018
• All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK in accordance with Immigration Act. All applicants must state that this right is obtained through citizenship, permanent residency or work permit in their application. Applicants who do not provide this information in their application will not be considered for employment. Short-listed applicants will be asked to provide, prior to interview, documentation to certify their legal right to work in the UK.
• The local employee shall serve a probation period of three months immediately after the start date of employment.
• It is the Consulate’s policy not to give any kind of application/interview feedback.
• The Consulate will not charge any application fee.
• Uniform will be provided
Consulate General of Japan in Edinburgh
2 Melville Crescent, Edinburgh