The Consulate General of Japan in Edinburgh invites applications for the post of Consular/Safety affairs assistant.
The applicant should have:
- English as their mother tongue or its equivalent, both in speaking and writing
- A good command of Japanese, both in speaking and writing, equivalent to the level of mother tongue.
- Excellent organisational skills and good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 5:30pm (Lunch hour: 1:00pm-2:00pm) with occasional paid overtime
- Commencing: In June 2018
- Salary: Salary will be decided depending on qualification and experience
- Carrying out translations
- Interpreting for diplomatic staff
- Liaising with other organisations on behalf of diplomatic staff
- Organising meetings for diplomatic staff
Interested candidates should submit their CV (as detailed as possible) with a covering letter to explain how they are able to meet the requirements for this position, along with their current salary if they are now employed somewhere. A daytime telephone number and email address is also required.
CV and covering letter should be emailed to Mr Chalmers Craig :
Monday 21ST May2018
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration Act. All applicants must state that this right is obtained through citizenship, permanent residency or work permit in their application. Applicants who do not provide this information in their application will not be considered for employment. Short-listed applicants will be asked to provide, prior to interview, documentation to certify their legal right to work in the UK.
- The local employee shall serve a probation period of three months immediately after the start date of employment.
- It is the Consulate’s policy not to give any kind of interview feedback.
- The Consulate will not charge any application fee.
Consulate General of Japan in Edinburgh
2 Melville Crescent, Edinburgh