The Consulate General of Japan in Edinburgh invites applications for the post of butler / caretaker at the Residence of the Consul General.
- Experience in butler work
- Professional service skills (e.g. serving drinks and meals, receiving guests)
- Overall caretaking (e.g. small maintenance works, heavy lifting) and security of the property
- A good command of English language
- Professional driving skills
- Flower arrangement skills are welcomed
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, eight hours per day.This is expected to be afternoon / evening role.O
- Commencing: November / December 2018
- Salary: decided depending on qualification and experience
Interested candidates should submit their CV (as detailed as possible) with a covering letter to explain how they are able to meet the requirements for this position, along with their current salary. A daytime telephone number and email address is also required.
CV and covering letter should be emailed to Ms Joanna Stuart at:
Monday 12th November 2018
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK in accordance with Immigration Act. All applicants must state that this right is obtained through citizenship, permanent residency or work permit in their application. Applicants who do not provide this information in their application will not be considered for employment. Short-listed applicants will be asked to provide, prior to interview, documentation to certify their legal right to work in the UK.
- The local employee shall serve a probation period of three months immediately after the start date of employment.
- It is the Consulate’s policy not to give any kind of interview feedback.
- The Consulate will not charge any application fee.
- Knowledge of British culture, customs and etiquette is preferable
- Uniform will be provided
Consulate General of Japan in Edinburgh
2 Melville Crescent, Edinburgh