Job Opportunity: Information Section Assistant
The Consulate General of Japan is seeking to recruit an Information Section Assistant.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and will be asked to submit supporting documentation where appropriate. Applicants must be fluent in English and have an excellent command of spoken/written Japanese.
Only the applicants who pass the document screening will receive an invitation to attend an in-person interview. The documents you have submitted will not be returned.
Day-to-day tasks will be varied, however main duties can include:
- Drafting, editing and uploading material to Consulate General of Japan website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram account in accordance with the contents
- Developing and implement strategies to promote Facebook, Twitter and Instagram followers
- Monitoring Japan related social and digital media content and reporting to diplomats as appropriate
- Assisting diplomats in the arrangement and promotion of public speeches, lectures, and providing follow-up reports
- Assisting diplomats in the promotion of Japanese language and culture in schools
- Assisting other diplomats when required
Proficiency in social media tools (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and Microsoft Office is essential. Experience of international relations would also be advantageous.
The period of this job is from 1st June 2023 to 31st March 2024.
Working hour are from 09:30 – 17:30pm Monday – Friday, subject to local and Japanese holidays. The role also requires occasional paid over-time during evenings and weekends.
Payment is approximately £1,800 per month inclusive of VAT if applicable.
If you are interested in this post, please email your curriculum vitae along with a covering letter to:
The closing date is 22th May 2023.